A Consistent Class Experience Every Time
We know your time is precious. Expect to breathe, sweat, move, and be challenged every time. In all of our Power Yoga classes, we teach a unique style of Vinyasa Yoga that seamlessly synchronizes breath and movement. Beginners are welcome in every class. Beginners click here.
Classes will never be exactly the same, but we follow a specific arc form in every class so that by the end you will be completely relaxed. The room is heated up to 95 degrees with 60% humidity. The heat is perfect for a great sweat but not overwhelming.
What do our unique power vinyasa classes offer you?
Our classes are challenging yet accessible to all. Some benefits:
- Reduce stress and tension.
- Strengthen and lengthen every major muscle group in your body, including core and and upper-body.
- A good sweat. There is considerable new research on the benefits of regular sweating. Google it.
- Taking your body through it’s natural range of motion enables all of the functions of your body to improve; including tone, balance, circulation, digestion and greater immunity to illness.
Flow, not work. Flow is a state of high achievement that is generally experienced when you are challenged in a specific way. You will learn to use your breath and body awareness to help you enter flow at will. In doing so your class won’t feel like “work.” Flow is marked by a sense of ease and time passing quickly, “It’s over already?”
Our classes will help you improve mental and emotional clarity in two specific ways:
- Focus. You will practice focusing your awareness on breath, body and gaze. In the distracting age of the iPhone, this is a critical skill to refine. By focusing 100% of your attention on your breath you will not have a chance to think about any of the circumstances of your life. By being focused in class, you will become more focused in life.
- Silence. With the focus on your breath, you will begin to notice space between you, your thoughts and your impulses. We allow for some silence during that space. In silence it’s easier to see that your automatic reaction to thoughts and impulses can be replaced with new choices.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”
Our Yin Yoga classes are the perfect complement to Power Yoga.
These classes are a much slower paced experience in which almost all of the poses are done from either a seated or lying down position. Your connective tissue is targeted during yin yoga. Each pose is held in stillness for three to five minutes, creating not only stillness in the body but stillness in the mind as well. The room may be warm, but is not the heated class experience of a power yoga class. We offer these types of classes several times weekly.